Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Simple Bento after a long weekend

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend (if you're here in the States :)

We had the In-Laws visiting for the weekend, so Rob didn't need a bento for Thurs or Fri and Kat didn't need one Fri. They arrived Thursday and left this morning. It felt like we did nothing but eat all weekend - lol.

In all the running around we did all weekend, we did stop at AC Moore (craft store), where I bought a couple of new cutters - they can be seen in the photo with Rob's bento - haven't used them yet, but plan to soon! :)

For Memorial day, we bought the best hot dogs I have ever tasted in my life :) We also decided to grill chicken breast, which I marinaded in a southwest marinade. I knew we'd have leftovers that I could use this week in Rob's bento on his salad - sure makes it fast and easy to pack :)

This bento only took me maybe 15 minutes :)



May 26 --

Bottom Tier: Mixed Spring Greens w/ southwest marinaded grilled chicken breast left over from Memorial weekend, carrot flowers and a few grape tomatoes

Top Tier: Cole Slaw left over from Harold's Deli over the weekend w/ carrot flowers and cilantro, bold chex mix and fresh raspberries

Light ranch for his salad and strawberry and melon gummies in the lid


Kat's Bento:

Kat says she is going to start following the Weight Watcher's points program online. She has Prom on June 18 and is hoping to lose a couple pounds by then.



May 21 --

Bottom Tier: Babybel light w/ star cutout, Craisins, Walnuts, Baby carrots, raspberries

Top Tier: Broccoli, Fried rice, and 4 quail eggs w/ cute animal picks :)




May 26 --

Bottom Tier: Spinach Namul (korean recipe), tamagoyaki, steamed rice

Top Tier: Raspberries, baby carrots and fresh sliced mushrooms

I have been wanting to make a Frittata and bought the spinach and mushrooms mainly for that, but Kat's recipe for the Spinach Namul from her Personal Trainer Cooking Nintendo DS game took the whole bag, so I guess I'll just have to wait to make my Fritatta - and then hope Rob'll eat it in his bento!

The box used for Rob's bento was purchased from ichibankanusa.com under the hakoya bento boxes, but I believe is sold out at this time.

Both of Kat's boxes in today's post came from Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment