Tuesday, June 2, 2009

20 Minute Bento

I'm sure you've heard it before, but I'll say it again - Having a bento friendly stock of fridge and freezer fare makes life so much easier.

I was so glad I was well stocked when I packed last night's bento as I was packing it pretty late and my mind was on other things. When I went on my nightly walk with my neighbor, I discovered that my car had been hit earlier in the day - no note, nothing but damage :(





So, I very nearly didn't pack Rob a bento for today, but then realized that he really needed one since he was going to be at a dealership today in an area he is not familiar with. So, out came the frozen deli spirals from Sam's Club. I was also glad that I had boiled and molded an extra egg the night before :)




June 2:
Top Tier: Macaroni salad w/ nori and black sesame seed face, deli spirals, babybel light w/ flower cutout and bold chex mix

Bottom Tier: Mixed Spring Greens salad w/ ham and swiss pinwheels (was out of turkey), carrot flowers and pumpkin shaped boiled eggSide car of pineapple and blueberriesMelon and strawberry gummies in the lid


And Kat's bento for today:



Top Tier: Rice w/ umeboshi, spinach namul and tamagoyaki

Bottom Tier: Pineapple, imitation crab stick and blueberries

Bird's Eye View:



All of today's boxes came from ichibankanusa.com and the sidecar bowl came from a fellow lj user who was selling some of her gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment