Friday, June 5, 2009

New Bento toys make me Happy!


I got the new bento toy I ordered from jbox.com, so we had to try it out!



I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this new bento tool :) It was like Christmas when it arrived, along with new Hello Kitty Mayo cups for Kat and a set of cute small silicone food cups.
Next time we'll know we need to spray the reservoirs w/ cooking spray because they stuck a bit when we tried to get them out. I love new toys!

Planning still continues for next week's Bento workshop at AnimeNext. I realized 2 nights ago that I forgot I had ordered silicone cupcake cups for the bento sets too, so I ordered some heart shaped ones and hope and pray they arrive in time - but I am not holding my breath. I have yet to receive a shipment notice and have found this company to sometimes be a bit slow in getting things shipped, so if it hasn't shipped by Monday, I may have to cancel the order and either leave them out or pay more for them somewhere else... :(

My neighbor knocked on the door earlier than expected last night for our walk, so I just stuck the bento in the fridge until I got back and then just threw in the last bits, so it isn't the prettiest bento I've ever done...



June 5

Top Tier: Bold Chex Mix, Sundried tomato hummus and macaroni salad

Bottom Tier: Mixed Spring Greens, ham and swiss pinwheels, grape tomatoes and egg slices w/ fun yolk shapes :D

Side Car: Strawberries, pineapple and checkered apples


Kat's Bento:



June 5

Top Tier: Strawberries, Blueberries, spinach namul and apples

Bottom Tier: Crab sticks, Egg slices w/ fun yolk shapes :D, baby carrots and rice w/ furikake


And where we got our boxes etc!

Rob's main box came from veryasia.com and the side car came from ichibankanusa.com

Kat's box was purchased at Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ
And that awesome Egg Yolk shaping 'toy' came from jbox.com :D

Happy Bento-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment