Friday, May 14, 2010

What is this thing? lol

Here is Rob's bento for today.  The 'design' in the center didn't quite work out as I had envisioned, but at least it was something a little different - lol

I cut the ham into wedges and placed them in a circle into the centerof the salad to make a cup - stuck in the swiss cheese, also cut into wedge shaped, filled in the middle of the ham 'cup' with turkey cut into strips and topped with egg slices andtopped those with flower shapes cut out of nori.  Then I stuck in a few grape tomatoes :)

The top tier has the chipotle macaroni salad I made the other day, topped with smaller flower shaped nori cutouts, cucumber slices, strawberries and blackberries.
I had planned to put a couple baby carrots in the bento, but when I opened the bag of the organic baby carrots my daughter picked up the day before, they felt all slimy :(  What a waste!

Don't forget to enter my theme bento contest - only 3 entries so far, so chances are great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment